EDMONTON - A massive fire demolished a $17-million condominium under construction in southwest Edmonton Sunday morning and forced approximately 200 residents from their homes.
Fire crews were called to the development in Rutherford, near 119 Street and 22 Avenue SW, shortly after 2 a.m. Within an hour, about 85 firefighters were battling the three-alarm fire.
No one was injured in the blaze that launched a propane tank into a condo across the street and melted siding off neighbouring buildings.
"This is a very large fire," district fire chief Dave Matwichuk said.