TORONTO -- It wasn't a smoking gun but it was a smoking pipe.
Toronto City Hall was once again rocked Wednesday by more revelations in the ongoing Mayor Rob Ford crack cocaine controversy.
And Ford -- who is running for re-election -- responded to the simmering scandal by refusing to answer questions, running away from reporters and even knocking photographers over as he tried to flee.
Documents released by the court after an application by QMI Agency and other media outlets detail what happens in the Ford crack video, note it was shot last year on the Sunday of the Family Day long weekend and state investigators believe Ford's meetings with Alexander "Sandro" Lisi have been "indicative to that of drug trafficking."
Despite the latest revelations, Ford refused to answer questions and even smiled as he pushed and shoved members of the media in a wild chase through Nathan Phillips Square and City Hall with his office staff, security guards, a documentary film crew and Giles Coren -- a food critic for the Times of London -- in tow.
Ford spent most of the day hidden inside the mayor's office and working out in the City Hall gym. He left City Hall just before 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong stressed that "for the city to have a crack-smoking mayor is the wrong type of mayor" for Toronto.
"The mayor has never been truthful about this, he's never come clean and he has an obligation to the public to tell the truth," Minnan-Wong said. "By not saying anything, it just reinforces that he's not being honest with the public."
Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly said it is up to the mayor how he responds to the new allegations.
"I think one would expect a more fulsome response than has been delivered," Kelly said.
-- With files from Shawn Jeffords