Mayor Rob Ford not invited to military ball, organizer repeats

Mayor Rob Ford. (File Photo)

Mayor Rob Ford. (File Photo)

Don Peat, QMI Agency

, Last Updated: 2:03 PM ET

TORONTO — This year’s Garrison Ball won’t be open to Mayor Rob Ford even if he shows up.

A day after organizers of the military ball confirmed Ford isn’t welcome at Saturday’s annual event, Ford said he thought he had been invited.

“Pretty sure I am,” Ford told CP24 Wednesday when asked about not being invited to this year’s Garrison Ball.

In response, John Wright, the chairman of the Garrison Ball program committee, issued a five-point statement repeating why Ford wasn’t invited this year and then emphasizing no one can crash the event.

“The event is completely sold out and will be attended by 800 people,” Wright said.

“As such, anyone who shows up without a ticket or official invitation as an official guest of the Garrison will not be accommodated as there will be no extra seating.”


Videos

Photos