TORONTO -- Rob Ford says he didn’t blow the response to last week’s City Hall bomb threat.
Despite CUPE Local 79 revealing it is filing a grievance over the response to the Aug. 11 incident, Ford said he did the right thing by publicly revealing the e-mail threat to reporters before police had searched the building.
“I did exactly what I was told to do,” Ford said Monday. “I called security, I talked to security.
“I would not change the way I handled that bomb threat.”
Both Toronto Police and City Hall security have denied that they advised the mayor to make the threat public.