Mom forced own son into sex

JANE SIMS

, Last Updated: 7:43 AM ET

LONDON -- Her victim was a boy forced into having sex.

And he was her son.

Yesterday, a 50-year-old London woman pleaded guilty to sexual touching and incest for a series of assaults on her son between 2003 and 2006 -- deprivations that were only discovered after the son's stepfather was arrested on other sex charges.

The boy was forced into sexual intercourse with the woman at her husband's instructions. The assaults happened between 2003 and 2006, when the boy would have been between the ages of 10 and 14.

The boy's identity is protected by a court order.

Earlier this year, the woman's husband, a long-haul truck driver from the United States, was sentenced to seven years for sexually assaulting the boy and his sister -- crimes a judge called "unspeakable acts."

He was also ordered deported once his sentence is completed.

Some of the details surrounding the assaults on the boy were part of the man's case, including punishments that required the boy to perform oral sex on the man.

Reading from an agreed statement of facts, assistant Crown attorney Karen Bellehumeur told Ontario Court Judge John Skowronski more of the shocking family secrets.

The woman is the mother of three children. She and her husband did not have any children together.

The boy, who is "mildly delayed intellectually," told police he was awoken by his step-father and led to the master bedroom where his mother was waiting. His stepfather then ordered the boy's mother to have sex with him.

The boy told police of another incident when he was instructed by his stepfather to remove his clothing and have sex with his mother, then perform a sex act on him.

He also watched his parents in a sex act.

The boy didn't tell police until after his stepfather had been prosecuted. The events were described in his victim impact statement.

His mother later admitted to police she had oral sex with the boy three or four times and sexual intercourse four to five times.

Bellehumeur told Skowronski that while there was an agreed statement of facts in the case, there had been no agreement on sentence.

The woman's defence lawyer said a report from a psychiatrist will be submitted at the woman's next court appearance.

Skowronski put the woman's sentencing over to Dec. 3.

Jane Sims is The Free Press justice reporter.

jane.sims@sunmedia.ca


Videos

Photos