Police believe three dogs that ate sausages soaked in anti-freeze were targeted and are hoping the public can help find the person responsible.
Two of the dogs, Ashley Tammi’s sheltie Max and Labradoodle Phoebe, had to be euthanized after eating the poisoned sausages on May 20, believed to have been tossed in her backyard in Patterson Heights.
Her five-year-old beagle Bailey survived but is still recovering.
Investigators believe the poisoning was both targeted and isolated, but are warning area pet owners to be aware of what their animal companions are eating, both on their property and while in public areas.
Despite canvassing the 0-100 block of Patterson Rise, S.W., no suspects have been identified, prompting a call for public assistance to bring the perpetrator to justice.
If you have any information that could aid the case, call police at 403-266-1234 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477.