Bail for couple accused of sexually assaulting teen girls

Ottawa police at the home of Caroline Budd. (John Jackson Submitted image)

Ottawa police at the home of Caroline Budd. (John Jackson Submitted image)

Tony Spears, QMI Agency

, Last Updated: 11:24 AM ET

OTTAWA - A couple accused of sexually assaulting teen girls with a metre stick and a sex toy were granted bail on Friday.

Antonio Comunale, 31, and Caroline Budd, 20, were arrested last month after two 16-year-old girls came forward with allegations of abuse that they said took place around the May long weekend.

The Crown had opposed releasing the couple -- who are now forbidden from communicating with each other -- but Justice of the Peace Linda Pearson said otherwise.

Her reasons, and the evidence heard at the bail hearing, are protected by a publication ban.

She released them on $1,000 bonds with their parents as sureties; their parents also had to put up bonds in that amount.

They are barred from communicating with the complainants, and they must avoid contact with children under the age of 18.

They will not be allowed to smoke marijuana.

The pair had been in custody since their May 28 arrests on charges including sexual assault, forcible confine


Videos

Photos