Fourth child sex abuse conviction for Ontario man

(Fotolia)

(Fotolia)

QMI Agency

, Last Updated: 8:34 PM ET

ST. CATHARINES, Ont. -- A local man has been convicted of sexually abusing a child for the fourth time.

Norman Warner, 55, pleaded guilty Thursday to one count of sexual exploitation.

He'll be sentenced on July 23.

Assistant Crown attorney Richard Monette told the court the incidents happened between Aug. 31, 2010, and Aug. 31, 2012, involving a boy. The boy was five years old when he told a family member that he had been touched by Warner in a sexual manner.

Last year Warner was convicted of sexual interference involving an eight-year-old girl who lived in his high-rise apartment building. He was sentenced in January to 18 months in jail plus 139 days of time already served.

At that time, the court heard Warner had prior convictions from 1993 for sexual touching and two counts of sexual assault and a 2001 conviction for sexual assault. The charges related to similar incidents involving victims aged six to 12.


Videos

Photos