No charges yet in drive-by shooting that killed innocent bystander

A man is led to an Alberta Sheriffs van outside of the Calgary Police Service's arrest processing...

A man is led to an Alberta Sheriffs van outside of the Calgary Police Service's arrest processing headquarters in Calgary, Alta., on August 26, 2014. Four people were being questioned in relation to the shooting death of an innocent bystander downtown on Saturday morning, but three have been released. (Lyle Aspinall/QMI Agency)

Dave Dormer, QMI Agency

, Last Updated: 7:16 AM ET

CALGARY -- Three of four men taken in for questioning about a weekend shooting that left an innocent woman dead have been released without charge.

The fourth, wanted on an attempted murder warrant out of Toronto, remains in custody while officers work to return him to Ontario to face that charge.

All four men have links to Toronto and a police spokeswoman said they remain persons of interest in the shooting that left Natasha Farah, 26, dead.

Farah, who is originally from Toronto and had been in Calgary about a year, was outside Bronco Smokehouse and Saloon about 3 a.m. Saturday when several shots rang out from a nearby car.

She was pronounced dead at the scene and police said she was an innocent victim, simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The three men were taken into custody at a hotel on Sunday after police found a VW Jetta spotted at the crime scene.

The fourth man was taken into custody late Monday.

dave.dormer@sunmedia.ca

Twitter: @SUNDaveDormer


Videos

Photos