Kansas lotto winners blow up house

SHUTTERSTOCK

SHUTTERSTOCK

QMI Agency

, Last Updated: 5:08 PM ET

To celebrate winning the lottery, two Kansas brothers decided to party with marijuana, methamphetamine and blow torches. It didn't go well.

After winning $75,000, the two Wichita, Kan., men bought meth and pot to celebrate on Friday night, police told the Wichita Eagle.

Apparently not content with good old-fashioned matches, one them went to the kitchen around 7 p.m. to refuel the butane torches they were going to use to light their bongs.

In doing so, he leaked butane into the air.

"The butane vapour reached the pilot light in the furnace, and as you might expect, ka-boom," said Sgt. Bruce Watts.

The explosion sent one of the brothers to hospital, where he remains in stable but serious condition with second-degree burns to his hands, arms and chest. His girlfriend apparently dropped him off at the hospital before taking off.

The other brother was arrested at the scene of the fire.