|Outdoor chemical toilets. (Reuters/SERGIO MORAES)
PETERBOROUGH, ONT. - A drunken patron at the Havelock Jamboree has been charged after a portable toilet was blown up early Sunday morning.
Peterborough County Ontario Provincial Police said an intoxicated man poured gasoline into the holding tank of a portable toilet at about 1:51 a.m.
The man then held a lighter to the vent stack, igniting the gas.
The ensuing explosion and flaming contents from the tank caused about $1,500 in damage to the unit.
Police said the man was quickly arrested and held in police custody until he sobered up.
Reilly Alexander Wilson, 20, of Lanark Highlands, Ont., was charged with mischief. He is to appear in court Oct. 25.
The Havelock Jamboree is an annual music festival held in the eastern Ontario town.