SAULT STE. MARIE, Ont. - A toddler was put in a tight spot when she became trapped in a high chair at a downtown eatery Saturday.
The child, about 12 to 24 months old, became stuck at the Queen Street West restaurant and 911 was called shortly after 5 p.m.
Firefighters disassembled the chair to free the youngster, platoon chief Joe May said.
“I think the child was a little too big for the seat,” he said. “(She was) kicking and screaming, but otherwise there was no issues.”
Firefighters were only on scene for about six minutes.
“It didn't take long,” May said. “It was only a couple of minutes before they had the person out.”
The child was at the eatery with her mother.
On Twitter: @Saultreporter