|Rescue personnel respond to the scene of a charter bus crash on I-84, east of Pendleton, Oregon in this December 30, 2012 handout photo. (REUTERS/Oregon State Police/Handout)
Two Vancouver teenagers were reportedly among those injured when a B.C.-bound bus crashed in Oregon Sunday, killing nine people and injuring 39.
The Oregonian reports two Korean teenage boys who moved to Vancouver two years ago were among the passengers released Sunday night to a makeshift shelter in Pendleton, Ore.
One, 17, suffered a broken collarbone. The other, 16, was mostly unharmed.
"I thought I was going to die," the 17-year-old told the Oregonian through a translator.
Neither boy gave their last name.
The 17-year-old Vancouver boy said many of the passengers were Korean, Japanese or Taiwanese.
Nine people were killed and 39 others – ranging in age from 7 to 74 -- injured when the charter bus headed to Vancouver from Las Vegas skidded off an icy mountain highway, struck a concrete barrier before veering across the highway, and crashing through a guardrail and coming to rest 200 feet down an embankment in northeastern Oregon.
Ten of the injured have since been released from hospital. At least seven of those hospitalized are from British Columbia and others were carrying Korean passports.
The Oregon State Police said a preliminary investigation showed the bus, carrying 48 people including the driver, through the Blue Mountains, "lost control on the snow/ice covered westbound lanes of Interstate 84" near Pendleton about 10 a.m. Sunday.
Bus driver Haeng Kyu Hwang, 54, of Vancouver, was injured in the crash and has yet to be interviewed.
The boys said the bus rolled three times before crashing into a rocky basin.
Rocks smashed through the windows and hit passengers, some of whom were tossed from the bus, the boys said.
Lt. Gregg Hastings said nine people had been confirmed killed in the crash.
Once released from hospital, the passengers were taken to a makeshift shelter at a local convention centre.
The bus is owned by Mi Joo Tour & Travel in Vancouver. The company couldn't be reached for comment Monday morning.
Police said the names of the dead won't be released until next of kin are notified, which is expected to take a couple days.
Pendleton is in northeast Oregon near the border with Washington state, about 320 kilometres east of Portland.
The following is a list of those injured in the bus crash and what hospital they were treated at:
St. Anthony Hospital, Pendleton, Ore.
* Bus driver Haeng Kyu Hwang, 54, (male) of Vancouver
* Do Woo (Peter) Kim, 16, (male)
* Hyoung Jin Yoo, 23, (male) – treated and released
* Young Hyun Yoon, 14 (male) -- treated and released
* Seong Jun An, 15, (male) - treated and released
* Hyejin Kim, 40, (female)
* Min Su Kim, 15, (male) carrying Korean passport -- treated and released
* Junichi Hanada, 21, (male)
* Youn Bahn, 66, (male)
* June Lee Seong, 22, (female)
* Tae Woo Park, 16, (male), carrying Korean passport -- treated and released
* Soomin Kim, 12, (female)
* Jimin Kim, 7, (female)
* Yoon Kim, 44, (male)
* Seongho Jo, 18, (male) carrying Korean passport)
* Eunsil Koh, 47, (female) of Cloverdale, B.C.
* Jong Hyun Chae, 16, (male) -- treated and released
* Byung Woo Yoo, 25 (Sex to be determined) -- treated and released
* Female, 65, (Name withheld pending confirmation family notified)
* Unidentified male, 20-25 years of age
Grand Ronde Hospital, La Grande, Ore.
* Berlyn Sanderson, 22, (female) – of Kelowna, B.C. -- treated and released
* Rachel Sohn, 53, (female)
* Yii Yeon Cho, 73, (Sex to be determined)
* Jacmin Seo, 23, (male) carrying Korean passport
Good Shepherd Hospital, Hermiston, Ore.
* Kang SeoKwon, 24 -- treated and released
* Alysah Koh, 21, of British Columbia -- treated and released
Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Wash.
* Female, 53 (Name withheld pending confirmation family notified)
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Ore.
* June Won Kim, 46, (male) of Vancouver
* Sungsup Kim, 45, (male) of Port Coquiitlam, B.C.
* Michael Sohn, 64, (male) of Milwaukie, Ore.
* Female, 55, (Name withheld pending confirmation)
Kadlec Medical Center, Tri-Cities, Wash.
* Yoonhee Choi, 53, (female)
St. Mary Medical Center, Walla Walla, Wash.
* Eun Sook Uhm, 74, (female)
* Choon-Sook Yang, 67, (female) of Issaquah, Wash.
* Hee Eun Kim, 46, (female) of Burnaby, B.C.
Walla Walla General Hospital, Walla Walla, Wash.
* Victoria Huang, 22, (female)
* Shelly Tu, 23, (female)
Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, Portland, Ore.
* Man Sun Kim, 71, (male) of Seattle, Wash.
St. Alphonsus Medical Center, Boise, Idaho
*John Choi, 56, (male)
-- Source: Orgeon State Police
-- With files from Reuters